Feeds 3-4 people
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
Time to Cool: 20-30 minutes
2 cups oats
2 tablespoons flax seeds
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1/4 chopped raw unsalted walnuts
2 tablespoons goji berries (can substitute raisins or dried cranberries)
1 tablespoon raw unsweetened cacao
1.5 teaspoons salt
4 tablespoons melted coconut oil (can also use olive oil)
3 tablespoons honey
need to buy these ingredients? check out some organic options:
- Preheat oven to 375º
- In large bowl combine oats, flax and sesame seeds, walnuts, goji berries, cacao and salt.
- In separate smaller bowl, stir together well the coconut oil and honey.
- Pour oil and honey over the oats mixture and mix well, until the oats begin to form clusters and there is no sign of dryness within the mixture.
- Pour oats mixture into baking dish, 9x9 square pan will work fine
- Press mixture into pan in an even layer.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 350º
- Continue to bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip pan over onto a clean flat surface. Pat the pan until you can feel that the granola has been removed.
- Let sit for 20-30 minutes. This lets the granola harden and is easier to cut into bars.