Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
(Makes 5 servings)
2 8 oz. cans garbanzo beans (a.k.a. chickpeas)
1 avocado (not necessary, but is a GREAT addition)
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons sesame seeds (Since Tahini is sometimes hard to find)
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
3 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
need to buy some ingredients? check out these organic options:
- Toast sesame seeds over low heat, moving them around in the pan to prevent them from burning.
- When seeds are slightly browned, remove from heat.
- Drain beans and pour them into food processor/blender/bowl(and use hand mixer)
- Add olive oil, juice of lemon (careful to not include the lemon seeds!), avocado, toasted sesame seeds, paprika, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Mix until most of the beans are broken down.
- Then use a spoon or rubber spatula to get everything from the bottom and sides into the mixture and continue to mix with the machine until ideal creamy texture is achieved.
Things to dip:
Sliced red/green/yellow bell peppers