Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Feeds 2-3 people
1/3 cup Olive oil/coconut oil
1 cup Popcorn Kernels
**For a really special flavor, try using an infused olive oil. Garlic, Rosemary, and Thyme are all good options and easy to make!
In a small sauce pan over low heat add olive oil and whichever spice/ingredient you want to use. Let simmer for 15-30 min. (more time = more flavor)
Be careful to use this oil within a week or else it can form bacteria growth.**
need to buy some ingredients? check out these organic options:
- Add oil to medium/large pot over HIGH heat.
- Place 5-6 kernels into oil and cover.
- When these begin to pop you know that the oil is now hot enough to add the rest of the kernels.
- Add the rest of the kernels.
- Reduce heat to MEDIUM.
- They will begin to pop in about 1 minute and continue for the next 2-3 minutes.
**If you notice lots of smoke and a burning smell, you'll find that many of the kernels are burned and stuck to the bottom of pot. Turn off heat and try again, it means your oil was too hot.**
- Reduce heat to low and wait until the kernels popping rate is noticeably slower.
- Turn off heat, remaining kernels will pop for about 20 seconds.
- Pour popcorn into large bowl.
- For added flavor, drizzle over additional oil (whichever you used to pop it) this also helps the salt and spices to stick.
- Sprinkle salt over popcorn (however much you like)
Feel free to experiment with other flavors like:
Garlic Powder (Sparingly)