Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
(Feeds 1 person)
1 serving of noodles (fettuccini or spiral are best)
1/3 cup chopped greens (spinach or kale are best)
1/3 red onion thinly sliced
1 cup chicken or turkey breast cut into bitesized pieces (great recipe for any leftover meat!)
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon rice wine
3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (can also add flax seeds)
need to buy some ingredients? check out these organic options:
Meat and Greens Mixture:
- Brown meat in pan with a little olive oil and small sprinkle of salt.
- Add red onions.
- Once meat is nicely browned and onions have softened, add chopped greens.
- When the greens have began to wilt, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, combine olive oil, soy sauce, white wine vinegar, ginger and garlic.
- Cook on low heat setting. Sauce will bubble up easily so make sure to stir frequently.
- After cooking for 15-20 minutes, sauce should thicken. If not, then cook longer.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium pot bring approx. 4-5 cups of water to a boil.
- Add noodles.
- After 7-10 minutes, noodles should be cooked, reference the packaging to ensure accurate cooking time.
- Drain noodles.
- Combine the noodles with the meat and greens and pour the sauce over everything.
- Finish by adding the toasted sesame seeds and mixing everything together.
** For best results: let the noodles soak up the sauce for 10 minutes before eating. Also makes great leftovers.**