Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
(Makes 4 servings)
4 thinly sliced turkey breasts (May also use chicken)
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 medium lemon (zest and juice)- zest half of the lemon before slicing it to get the juice!
2 medium cloves fresh garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon (dried) oregano
1 teaspoon (dried)tarragon
1 teaspoon (dried)parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
need to buy some ingredients? check out these organic options:
- Place turkey in large sealable plastic bag.
- Add all marinade ingredients.
- Work the marinade to evenly coat each piece of turkey.
- Let sit on counter for 10-15 minutes (Not in the refrigerator, this cools the meat too much and keeps it from cooking evenly.)
- Use HIGH heat on your grill pan to get it hot, once it starts to smoke a little bit place the marinated turkey onto the grill pan and turn the heat down to MEDIUM setting.
- Once the meat looks to be cooked half-way through (Should be about 4-5 minutes for thinly sliced turkey, 9-10 minutes for thick cut turkey breast)
- Turn the meat over. It’s important that you only flip the meat ONCE. This keeps the juices inside the meat so it stays moist.
- You should have nice grill marks on your meat since you didn’t move it after you placed in onto the grill.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes for thinly sliced meat, or 10 minutes for thick cut meat.
- Remove from grill and cut the meat in half to ensure it is cooked all the way through.