why Sweet Potatoes?
excellent source of vitamin a
helps metabolize carbohydrates
provides steady amount of energy
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
2 Large Sweet Potatoes
2 tablespoons (melted) Coconut Oil
4 teaspoons Sea Salt
need to buy some ingredients? check out these organic options:
- Preheat oven to 400º F
- Wash sweet potatoes well, keep the skins on (Most of the vitamins and minerals are found in the skin).
- Slice them into strips, similar to the size and shape of regular french fries. (Thicker cut slices will have a nice creamy texture on the inside, thinner cut slices will be crispy and crunchy.)
- Arrange slices onto a baking sheet
- Drizzle over coconut oil
- Sprinkle salt
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes, turn the pan around and return to oven. (This ensures the sweet potatoes will bake evenly.)
- Cook for remaining 15-20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are cooked to your preference.