Feeds 2 people
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
3 medium sweet potatoes
1/3 cup coconut milk (unsweetened)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
3 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup raw unsalted walnuts
2 teaspoons curry spice
1/2 tablespoon honey
need to buy some ingredients? check out these organic options:
- Cut sweet potatoes into thirds with the skin on.
- In a large pot, fill 3/4 water and put in sweet potatoes (making sure the water won’t overflow once it begins to boil).
- Place it over high heat and cover.
- Let potatoes boil until they are cooked enough that they are easily pierced through with a fork.
- Drain water from pot and remove skin from sweet potatoes. (Boiling them first makes skin removal much easier.)
- Add coconut milk, coconut oil and salt.
- Mix until it is totally combined and a smooth texture. Not too much or it will become sticky and weird consistency.
- In a separate bowl, combine curry and a small sprinkle of salt
- In medium pan, heat the walnuts over medium/low heat.
- Pour the honey and sprinkle curry/salt mixture over the walnuts and let cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
- This carmalizes the walnuts.
- Add walnuts on top of the sweet potatoes and ENJOY!