Feeds 3-4 People
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 3 Hours
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 medium russet potatoes
1 medium yellow onion
4 stalks of celery
8 fresh spinach leaves
1 tablespoon tomato paste
6 cups SODIUM FREE vegetable/chicken stock
3 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon oregano
- Begin by dicing all of the vegetables, making sure to cut them into equal sizes.
- Stack the spinach leaves on top of each other and roll them up, then cut them into thin slices.
- In a large pot, over medium/high heat, pour in olive oil and add onions.
- Season with a bit of salt, cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add minced garlic and potatoes.
- Season with a bit of salt again.
- Cook for about 7 minutes, or until they are browned.
- Add remaining vegetables, spinach, vegetable/chicken stock, tomato paste, salt, pepper, parsley and oregano.
- Stir together and continue to cook on high until it begins to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Continue to cook for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Wait until after the 3 hours to add more salt if it’s needed. Because the flavors will continue to develop after some time.